On Our Own!
Marriage Matters Jackson recently sought and was granted indpendent non-profit status. So, while that means a few changes for us internally (job titles and descriptions, maybe a few more meetings, time spent becoming self-supported) you’ll only notice our continued growth and commitment to healthy marriages in the Jackson community!
Under the guidance of our board of directors and my talented collegeaus, we are transitioning from under United Way’s umbrella so we can keep growing our education and launch our own fundraising efforts. As you can see below, the year ahead is packed with exciting activities celebrating and supporting healthy marriages.
- A new website design and expansion of web resources: Aug. 8
- Overnight marriage workshop at Country Inn & Suites: August 20 & 21
- Marriage Links Workshop at Cascades Manor House: September 9, 16, 23, & 30
- Outreach to the business community: September
- Singles Workshop at the MLK Center: Oct. 22 & 23
- Overnight marriage weekend getaway at Camp Michindoh: October 15 & 16
- Free Marriage Restoration at the United Way Center: Every Monday night
- Fall Date-Your-Mate event focusing on marriage and sex with nationally recognized speaker Mark Gungor: Thursday, Nov. 11
And, getting in touch with our staff has never been easier!
Shelby Raines, Managing Director Shelby@MarriageMattersJackson.com
Tonya Redding, Marketing Director Tonya@MarriageMattersJackson.com
Kylee Miller, Workshop Manager Kylee@MarriageMattersJackson.com
Liza Seckler, Events Manager Liza@MarriageMattersJackson.com
Jaci Marken, Project Coordinator Jaci@MarriageMattersJackson.com
Main Phone: (517) 796-5116.
Email any one of us with comments and ideas. We look forward to developing a community of healthy marriage resources with YOU!