Summer Reading List
I keep up with a few of my favorite authors on their websites/blogs. I’ve noticed that a ‘summer reading list’ has become somewhat of a trend. So, I’m jumping on the bandwagon. If you’re looking to add some self/relationship-help books on your nightstand or in your beach bag this summer look no further. Below is a comprised list from my personal library, my boss’s top ten reading list, conversations in the office and a Google search to see what people are buying.
Oh! And did you know that MMJ has our very own library? Stop in to see us and peruse our shelves!
- The Five Love Languages by Dr. Gary Chapman. This is such a powerful book because it’s message can cross over into all of your relationships. You can even learn your own ‘language’ on his website. I’ll be honest; just about anything you can pick up by Dr. Chapman will be worth your time. I’m especially excited about his upcoming release. Oh! Have you heard that we’re bringing Dr. Chapman to town?
- Love & Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs. Remember my experiment? It was inspired by this best-selling book. Fun fact: The Eggerichs live in Michigan!
- How to Avoid Falling in Love with a Jerk by Dr. John Van Epp. Our workshop, PICK a Partner, is based on this book. Dr. Van Epp gives solid advice for singles and those in the dating world. I’ve gifted this book to athletes I coach.
- Power of a Woman’s Words by Sharon Jaynes. Jaci blogged about this book here.
- The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. Okay, okay. I know! This isn’t a book about relationships! But with so many problems in relationships stemming from finances, this is a valuable read! My husband and I are following his ‘baby steps’ towards financial freedom. He’s also doing a $1,000 cash giveaway everyday in June, so if nothing, visit his website to sign-up for the drawing.